01 December 2009

Can't Win em All

Well, after my exciting time at the vet yesterday, I came home from work today all ready for another easy injection of Mercedes' antibiotics. Everything went wrong. I couldn't get a big enough handful of skin, and then she flinched when I pushed the needle in which made me flinch and the needle come out. Then, I got it back in (I thought) but when I depressed it, really I had come out the other side (ew!!) so I wasted about a third of the day's dose into her fur. Then I finally got it in and depressed it and it was over. But it was so traumatic! I was so upset, and then Mercedes hid under the table for a couple hours and wouldn't even take any papaya from me! It was all so sad! Poor Mercedes. She finally forgave me, though, and I spent some time with them on the floor earlier. She explored all around me and then settled in between the Count's ample hindquarters and the all-comforting log. He was preoccupied with the parsley I put out for him after he tried to swipe a low-hanging pheasant off the Christmas tree by its feathery tail. Naughty!







No comments:

Post a Comment